- “Why a lack of empathy is the root of all evil” - The Independent (UK)
- Are you evil? Find out, by taking researcher Simon Baron-Cohen’s empathy test
- “USA Today Takes the Plunge: Paper to Pay Bonuses to Writers Based on Page Views” - Big Lead Sports
- “Google Saves The News!” – Forbes
- “The Suck Fairy” – Jo Walton at Tor.com
- “100 Things You Should Know About People: #8 â€” Dopamine Makes You Addicted To Seeking Information” – Susan Weinschenk, Ph.D. - What Makes Them Click
- “Listen to Yourself” – xkcd
- “Ben Folds, Damian Kulash, Amanda Palmer, Neil Gaiman to Write, Record Eight Songs in Eight Hours” – Berklee College of Music
Links related to Courtney’s experiences in confronting rape, sex, and trolling in gaming communities:
- “The Pratfall of Penny Arcade” Debacle Timeline
- The original ‘rape as punchline’ comic, the same joke independently invented without the rape, and the “apology” comic.
- Courtney’s Ignite talk on “troll analytics” and her accompanying research analysis.
- Flamer bingo by Teresa Nielsen-Hayden – phrases to look out for
- “A woman walks into a rape, uh, bar” – Fugitivus
While you listen, you can follow the smart comments from our lively chat room by replaying the CoveritLive discussion.
If you’re interested in hearing more of Courtney’s fascinating insights, check out the supplemental discussion in episode “60.5.”